Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SCHOOL IS MY LIFE

The best part of my day is when I get home to do my homework. I love to waste paper, which makes me happy. That is what trees are here for! I use about ten pages just for my math. Five hours of homework is not a big deal. I don't like to spend time with my annoying family, that's just wasting my time. Who has time for Facebook and games? I don't think any of the students want to. I don't need any friends, if I did have friends, I would want to spend all my time doing their homework too. I even spend my weekends doing homework. English, Math, Science and History are my social life. This is what I do for fun! It is also helps me to become a better cheater. After years of copying off of other people, I have officially become the world's best cheater. Some people say the solution to all of this homework is to stop doing it and fail every class. Other people say only do half of it. Now the teachers want to give extra time at the end of class to do homework. This cannot be happening! If i finish all my homework in school, what am I suppose to do until three o'clock every morning? Next thing you know, they will want to give out less homework. My whole life will be over without homework! But of course some people can manage their social life and homework. I mean everyone can be a lawyer or doctor, but who wants to do that? All I want is my homework!

By: Melissa Bohlen, Foster Myarko, Khalid Wiley, Kennith Hines, Ting Ting Liang

11 comments:

  1. I really liked this! Especially the line about not having anything to do until 3 A.M. Good job.
    ~Sandy B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great point but the grammer takes away from the satire. Your points are somewhat clear just take you time in reading your it. There is no real soultions next time make it more reasonable.
    C.winters.p4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would be a solution and how would you make it more reasonable?

      Delete
  3. As stated previously this satire was a good idea and witty but the grammar mistakes made it seem just overall worse. Heres to hoping they take away homework because of this. -Alex N. 4th period

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funny part about this is that it's true. Teachers do give us a lot of homework that takes up a lot of time. Good Job.
    ~Deanna J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well many people have already spoken about the grammar mistakes, so I will only say that I completely agree that it takes away from the satire. More importantly, though, is the problem with the "problem" that you are talking about. I mean, take away homework? I understand that there are things that we would rather do, but school along with homework is one of the more important things that we need. No one gets anywhere without hard work, so do you think that it is realistic that homework will ever not be given?

    Further, the grammar mistakes in your satire are a perfect example of why we need homework. Are you seriously sitting here telling me that we should not have homework and at the same time not even using correct grammar. As long as we are making mistakes (and we all do!) we need practice, and practice means homework.

    Not giving homework defeats the purpose of school, and mistake me if I am wrong but I do not think that any of us could get jobs without going to school.

    So while I enjoyed your jokes quite a bit, think about what you are writing about more.

    ~Brendon M

    ReplyDelete
  6. this whole thing is so funny i loved the part about becoming a better cheater also the part about not needing time to have friends. loved it

    Kevin A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if this was the real life of a student then they would not be able to function in the real world

    -Tierra Jones

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely try to follow the half homework a night strategy but very funny satire.

    -Alex S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here a lot about the grammer, maybe he was up till 3am writing it, part of the irony i guess

    ReplyDelete